Sunday 11 November 2012

Getting back to it

With all this business and workshop development I haven't been able to do much rummaging or creating lately...I am feeling a bit hollow. Time to fill my cup.

I have spotted a few prospectives, and went out this afternoon to pick them up...I spent most of the night scanning pinterest (follow me?? http://pinterest.com/gryphonlove/) which is where I find my creative juices really get flowing.

I've said it before, just looking at creative stuff is inspiring! I have picked out two china cabinets, and am almost decided on what finish to apply to them...now the only decision is which one to do first!?!

Here is a before shot of one, check out the amazing cornice, and detailed carvings down the side! I already picked this one up at a great price...this is actually the photo from the ad:)

 
 
I intend to use some really bold rich coloring on this, here is a sample of the palate I will be working with. Confidence is the blue and Balsamic is the brown, I will be color blocking, and distressing some areas, look for the finished cabinet instore next week.
 

 
As always you can check out the amazing lineup of vanGogh products http://www.vangoghchalkpaintcollection.com/
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment